The mission of World Solutions Against Infectious Diseases (WSAID) is to create and implement strategies to provide education, research support and technical assistance aimed at promoting sustainability and capacity strengthening to improve human health and decrease disease transmission and its causes worldwide.
WSAID works with interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, consultants, vector control personnel, clinicians, academicians and government agencies in countries afflicted by infectious diseases to create innovative, non-conventional scientific and technological solutions.
WSAID’s strategies encompass:
- Drug and vaccine development
- Infrastructure and capacity building
- Pesticide and insecticide development
- Educational training
- Scientific support
- Applied informatics
- Legislative support
WSAID also works in the areas of:
- Vector biology and field operational control
- Drug and insecticide resistance
- Evaluation and Implementation of control methods
- Studies of transmission foci
- Prevention of infant and elderly mortality
- Infrastructure development project
Friends Unite’s global health program is a critical component of our strategy to achieve our overall mission and vision. Thus we have partnered with WSAID to promote programs that will help people and communities combat the spread of infectious diseases. We will post descriptions of specific projects through which Friends Unite and WSAID are collaborating in the coming months.